Sunday, December 28, 2008

APPLE PICKING, FRESH APPLE PIE AND TRAIN RIDES!

Wisconsin has a cute little farm where you can pick apples off the trees, as well as pick your own pumpkins! I thought this sounded like fun for us, especially because I had heard about all the great food you can buy there (like their famous apple pie!), and they have a little train ride you can take! As we pulled up to this cute little place, I was so excited about our little adventure we were about to have! I hate to say it, but our little adventure was not as exciting as I had hoped it to be. There were millions (yes millions) of people there that day. It must have been "go to the cute apple picking place at the same time as Judd and Haley day". We were really hungry when we got there so we went inside the little barn where you can order lunch and buy your homemade baked goods. The line was miles long and it was CRAZY! We needed to be pretty aggressive to get ourselves out of there. I'm surprised we werent trampled and made it out of the barn alive! After we were out, I decided to get a carmel apple they were selling outside. At this place you can pick out an apple and they will pour carmel on it, and you can put whatever toppings you would like on it. Turns out these apples were pretty dirty and lots of other people had their hands on them, so I was hesitant to eat one, but I wanted to have the full experience of the Elegant Farmer (thats the name of this place). So I ate it anyway. After lunch we walked through crowds across the street and instantly ran into a gigantic swarm of these lady bug looking things. I HATE BUGS. One more time for emphasis, I HATE BUGS. So of course I was running and screaming and looking like an idiot. I ran to where I thought I was safe and waited for Judd to catch up. As I was standing there, one of these lovely bugs decided to fly right into my eye. I almost passed out and after wildly thrashing around I frantically realized that it was still there! My last hope was to (gulp) use my fingers and pull it out of my eye. And so I did. I hate bugs. I was done after that. I told Judd we were going to hurry and go pick some apples so we could get out of there! The line for a basket to pick the apples was miles long, and the price of the apples was like 100 dollars a pound, so we decided to just walk through the orchard for fun. When there are that many people, there are not that many apples to be picked! We found one apple on the ground and we ate it in the orchard. We justified not paying for it because it was going to rot on the ground anyway, and the Elegant Farmer owed us for some serious emotional damage. Don't judge us! In summary, we love the Elegant Farmer. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.





3 comments:

The Parks Fam said...

K so I think you might be in town? If you are and didn't call me I am going to be SOO mad. We need to get together, I miss you! HOpe you had a fabulous Christmas!!

Katie said...

Those are some good updates. You should come to our house next fall. We have tons of those apple-picking places and they're usually pretty fun. The pig's foot is hilarious, and I am so proud of you for running that marathon! Way to go Haley!

Swa said...

Thats so funny, I can TOTALLY see you freaking out with a bug in your eye. Oh wait, I have.