So the other day I get home from the grocery store at about 9:30, and out comes our downstairs neighbor. We both say hello, how's it goin', and thats usually the end of it. We were standing a good distance away from eachother, but our conversation went as follows:
Neighbor: "Kathy had the baby!"
Me (frantically thinking inside my head)...(Kathy? Who's Kathy? I'm pretty sure that's his wife's name. Kathy, yeah, that's it. Wait a second....Kathy was pregnant??!!! Oh wow. The last time I saw her she didn't look pregnant which means that the baby could have been pre-mature. Maybe it means that the baby didn't make it because it was so small. Is that was he is telling me? That Kathy was pregnant and had a premature baby that didn't end up living? That's so sad! But wait, he seems happy. He seems excited. Even if his wife's name isn't Kathy, there was a baby born, and he is happy about it).
Me (out loud): "CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow, that's really great!"
I need to bring them a dinner.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
don't feel bad that happens...
Haley you are so funny! That totally sounds like something I would do. So I am a little upset that you were in town and I didn't get to see you. Next time we need to make sure we all go to dinner or something.
I would laugh if you brought them dinner and Kathy was a whole different neighbor and he was just spreading the news for someone else.
Post a Comment